I am a big lactivist and if a mom wants to nurse in public, she should feel comfortable doing so.
I have nursed in many public places. I was ready to whip it out, if needed.
Here are just a few:
(BTW, pretty discrete don’t you think? I never used a blanket, but I don’t think this could offend anyone.)
- Disneyland, while waiting for Dumbo (and numerous other rides).
- At a holiday business party at my husbands work. Sitting right there at the table with everyone, with GASP, no blanket!
- Walking around shopping for Halloween costumes at JC Penny.
- Walking around shopping at Costco.
- At Church, sitting with the congregation.
- At the Park.
Really whenever and wherever my babies were hungry, I fed them.
No one ever said anything. But I was ready if they did.
I had printed off my state’s law and had it in my diaper bag, ready to whip IT out too, if needed!
Posted in honor of the Nursing in Public Carnival. I found out about it too late to officially join, but I am all about Nursing in Public. I may have to have another baby, just to join in the fun. 🙂
So moms, if you are nursing, stand proud and nurse your baby whenever he gets hungry. I will be smiling at you and giving you a thumbs up!
(I have to add, it took me a good 4-6 weeks to get comfortable nursing in public with each of my boys. It takes awhile for them to learn to latch themselves on easily. But after 4-6 weeks, they had it figured out and it was easy.)Pin It