I just got an e-mail from Mama Seoul about a VBAC she attended as a doula/friend.
My friend just had a Home Water Birth After Inverted T Cesarean at my house on Saturday.
She listened to Hypnobabies Easy First Stage for like 35 hours and the Pushing Track for about half of her long pushing phase. It was incredible. She was dilated to 10cm from Friday night through Saturday afternoon with intact membranes. Baby was in a funky position so they didn’t want to break the water. Baby finally moved in a better position and they broke the water.
She pushed with her urges and it took awhile, but she got out a more than 9 lbs baby with only a small tear that did not require stitches.
She also included a link to her friends version of the story. The Birth of Stella Rose
Why is it so inspirational?
- Mom had Inverted T-incision
- She lived overseas where it is often harder to have a VBAC than in the US
- She gathered the BEST birth team ever!
- She has a uniquely shaped pelvis that probably led to her first cesarean
- She was 10cm dilated with an intact water bag for 20 hours or so before any intervention.
- She pushed for about 4 hours.
- She had her HWBAC (Home Water Birth After Cesarean)
- She used Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis
- Then as her doctor says, “Everything with A. takes more time.” Her placenta took over 29 hours to detach.
Wow, those are some amazing highlights.
I loved reading both versions as they had different aspects that made the birth come to life for me.
I love to see how women can empower themselves to have positive birth experiences. In this instance I loved to see how women helped support each other in A’s journey to and during her VBAC. How amazing and powerful we can be!