I think this is a small miracle and shows how if I FOCUS on one goal I can actually DO IT!
I am SO excited and proud of myself.
- I made a menu plan!
- I cooked dinner for the family 5 times last week. 🙂
- We ate as a family (DH was there too), at the table with lit candles 4 times.
The thing that made it work was doing a lot of the prep earlier in the day. Also I ended up not following the meal plan exactly, I changed the days up a bit, but I had all the ingredients so it worked out great!
I am continuing the challenge this week.
I have my meal plan –
- Monday – Pasta Shells
- Tuesday – Chicken Tacos
- Wednesday – Chicken Quesadillas
- Thursday – Tuna Casserole
- Friday – Taco Casserole
- Saturday – Pizza Night
- Sunday – Lasagna
Ingredients are all in the house. I will do prep work in morning or early afternoon (this seems to be the key to my success).
Pictures to help me tame the beast
Also I will be taking a picture of our table every morning and night as I try to conquer our monstrosity of a table.
Thanks for all the tips – regarding my DH’s special piles. Here are the things I have tried so far in the last year –
- Putting his things in a basket – *they end up staying there for weeks or months and he can’t find things he needs
- Putting his things on desk in office – see above*
- Putting his things on table in garage – see above* though they stay there months/years
- Bought organizer and have space for his things in hutch – this has helped somewhat. But he has some empty drawers and when he does put things away it isn’t always organized so he can’t find things he needs.
I am not blameless and I certainly have more time to put my things away then he does. But I am just saying I have tried most of the suggestions. We will keep pressing forward. Maybe by the end of this week we will have it all figured out. 🙂
Overall I am just thrilled we did dinners last week, I think I would give myself an A for the week.