I was excited to get a Diva Cup to try, now that I am having periods again!
I love the idea of the Diva Cup because
- It is greener(less waste then pads and tampons)
- I don’t love tampons
- I don’t love pads
This video sums up why I want to be a Diva!
I wish I could say I loved using the Diva Cup right away
– I have grown to love it, but there is a bit of a learning curve.
I found the first few times I tried it, it wasn’t great.
- The stem kept poking me.
- It also seemed to keep falling out.
I did some research and
- Trimmed the stem
- Realized I needed to do my kegals (knew this already, but was too lazy before)
So I trimmed the stem and did kegals for a month, wondering if it would make a difference for the next time.
I started my period again and was excited to try again.
- I realized I needed to trim the stem more – I did and finally it was comfortable
- My kegels had helped, but I realized I needed to do more, it would still slip down in certain positions.
I had worn the Diva Cup about 5 times now and it seemed to get better each time. I was feeling more comfortable putting it in and out. I had only worn it when I knew I was going to be home.
I downloaded a kegal app on my phone and am doing lots of those a day. Hoping it will pay off next cycle. I am actually looking forward to my period, so I can try again.
4th Times a Charm?
My kegals paid off! I can put in the Diva Cup fairly easily now. It is comfortable. It also stays in. Yay for kegals.
I slept with it one night. It was nice to not have to worry about leaking at night. I wore it out for normal activities and didn’t really think about it. You only have to change it every 12 hours, so that is liberating.
I am glad I kept trying. I am also glad I finally found the motivation to do kegals. 🙂 I loved that I could “see” a difference from doing them.
So overall, I would say that if you are tired of tampons and pads, it is well worth trying a Diva Cup, or any of the other options out there for menstrual cups. Just be prepared it may take a few tries to make it work for you. But don’t give up! 🙂Pin It