Maybe you are thinking about becoming a doula and wonder, what is life really like as a doula? Well I am here to show you my world. Life as a doula with 3 boys at home is full of excitement!
Here are some different things that have happened to me as a doula.
The hardest part: Being on Call!
- Being On Call = Can’t commit to anything!
- What about if you have the flu? How can you doula with the flua?
- The horror of the dead cell phone!
- What about when DH has a surprise trip to London and you have a mom due?
- BTW,mom didn’t wait until DH got home!
- When a boy breaks a leg, whats a doula to do?
- What about going on vacations?
Thank goodness for friends and back up doulas!
- How I manage being on call with 3 boys = good friends!
Emotional Aspects of Being a Doula
- How one birth prepared me for another.
- How a clients emergency Cesarean hit way too close to home!
- Birth is just part of my life.
- Setting Goals helps you feel like you are accomplishing things.
- How I use EFT to help me deal with emotions.
Some of the births I have attended.
I share the stories of parents who tell me it is ok to share them!
I seem to have had quite a few back to back births.
- Back to Back Births #1 – Both Inductions – gone 57 hours out of 63 and miss my sons Birthday.
- Back to Back Births #2 – How I cut 2 cords in 6 hours.
- Back to Back Births #3 – 2 home births in a row!
- I was really supposed to be at this birth! Everything fell into the perfect place.
- Christmas Concert Miracle – the timing on this couldn’t have been better.
- Really great induction! http://enjoybirth.com/blog/2009/09/17/hannahs-induction-part-2/
- Sierra’s Birth – Fun Homebirth with mom surrounded by loving womenand 1 great husband!
- Jenn’s Birth – VBAC of my best friend.
- Missy’s Birth – Fast and Easy Hopsital Birth
- Janelle’s Birth – A baby was almost born in MY Van – AKA “Our Car has been stolen!“