To Ask When Interviewing A Doula
- What training have you had?
- Do you have one or more backup doulas for times when you are not available? May we meet her/them?
- What is your fee, what does it include, and what are your refund policies?
- Tell me/us about your philosophy about childbirth and supporting women and their partners through labor.
- May we meet to discuss our birth plans and the role you will play in supporting me/us through childbirth?
- May we call you with questions or concerns before and after the birth?
- When do you try to join women in labor? Do you come to our home or meet us at the place of birth?
- Do you meet with me/us after the birth to review the labor and answer questions?
* For more information go to www.dona.org.