The top 10: Reasons Why I Moderate the Hypnobabies Yahoo Group
Here I am on vacation, checking e-mails and blogging. I am the Hypnobabies Yahoo Group Moderator. It probably takes me about 1 hour a day on average to be in charge of that group. Well maybe 5 hours a week, there are not as many messages on the weekend. I do not get paid for doing it, I volunteered to do it and I LOVE it.
Why? My husband wonders this a lot… here is my answer.
10. I loved the group before I was an instructor, when I was a Hypnobabies Student myself. It was empowering to find a group of women who didn’t say, “Why don’t you just get the epidural?” There were other women out there who understood my desire for an un-medicated birth and encourage me to go for it!
9. I love getting to know moms all over the world. We have moms from USA, Europe, Australia, South America, Canada, New Zealand, and some cool islands like Tahiti.
8. I love that this group of women for the most part are really supportive and kind and loving to each other. Maybe once a year things get a little heated, but it is quickly and easily tamed.
7. I love that these women believe in and TRUST birth. They also believe that birth can be COMFORTABLE and ENJOYABLE!
6. I love that I have made a lot of online friends and even some IRL friends. It is so fun to see moms on the group who I knew a from a few years ago, rejoin the group because they are expecting again and are using Hypnobabies again!
4. I love that answering these questions helps me be a better instructor for my live Hypnobabies Classes.
3. I love that I can help hundreds of women have better, more enjoyable births, rather than just 5 women at a time. (5 is the limit on my live class size.)
2. I love when these moms thank me for my help after their babies are born. (My love language is words of affirmation)
and the number 1 reason is
I love all the birth stories that the moms share. I started my positive birth story website before I became a Hypnobabies Instructor, so the world could read all these wonderful, inspiring birth stories.