Know Your Options
Birth Choices Classes
Class 3: Choosing Your Care Provider and Birth Team
Your choice of a care provider is one of the most important choices you will make regarding your birth! So Choose Wisely!
How can you know if you have the right care provider? Listen to the class!
You will learn:
- What 3 people make up the best birth team?
- What are the 3 types of relationships you can have with a care provider?
- How can you find out if your care provider is a good fit for you?
- By listening to the MP3 and filling out the worksheet you will be on your way to creating the Best Birth Team for you!
Download your recording here. Right click to save on your computer.
Create Your Best Birth Team Worksheet
- How choosing your care provider carefully can help you avoid unneccessary interventions.
- You can fire your OB, Even DURING your birth!
- Your Care Providers Beliefs about Birth will effect how they treat you!
- Why are extra babies born in December? (Here is a related link) What your OB thinks about inducing for convenience will effect your birth.
- I have educated myself about how I want my birth to go, isn't that enough? NO!
- What about bait and switch? My OB says he supports _____, but now it seems he doesn't! Here is a real life example of a VBAC mom whose OB said he was VBAC supportive, but in the end wasn't.
- Sadly a lot of care providers practice cookie cutter medicine. Everyone gets the exact same things, even if not needed, even in ridiculous!