Here are my must haves:
- Female “Supplies” – There is something about the hormones at a birth, there have been quite a few births where my cycle started sooner than expected.
- Toothbrush – I love Colgate Wisp for this. The toothpaste and toothbrush are together.
- Dental Floss – If you have ever had something stuck in your teeth, you know why you need this.
- Deodorant – If a birth goes long and I want to feel fresh, a little deodorant and clean teeth can do wonders.
- Mints/Gum – Fresh breath is important!
- Lip Balm – Dry lips annoy me and I want to be peaceful at a birth! I also like to have a few extra new sealed ones, in case mom didn’t bring some and wants it, I can magically provide. 🙂
- Lotion – Dry skin is not fun. Also have shared with Moms on occasion.
- Hair ties – Hair in the face is also annoying. I love having these on hand in case I forgot to grab one on the way out. Also have shared with Moms at births.
- Essential Oils – I love to carry a few in my bag at all times. Peppermint and Lavender are must haves.
I was excited to have a chance to receive this toiletry bag to do a review.
My review is more for personal use than doula use, as I already have a toiletry bag I have in my doula bag. However, as my boys grow they need their own toiletry bag when we travel and using a gallon zip-lock baggie just isn’t cutting it anymore. 😉
I liked this bag so much I may have to use it for myself and give them the one I was using.
I like that it can hang and the items inside are easily accessible. There were a lot of pockets to put things in. The pockets varied in size so I had no trouble fitting in my normal toiletry items. Even my Sonicare toothbrush case fit, which is hard to get into my other bag. (Hence the reason I may keep this one and give my old bag to my son.)
I wouldn’t say it is compact when it is full and zipped up. But I do carry a lot, so I don’t think it could be compact with all I like to bring. I usually bring 2 toiletry bags and all my stuff fit in this one bag, so it definitely can fit a lot! (If I packed my doula toiletries in it, it would have been much more compact.)
It comes with a soap case and toothbrush head protector. I was thinking the soap case was kind of silly, who brings a bar of soap on a trip? I just use the ones the hotel provides. But I realized my q-tips fit perfectly in the box, so I put some little items in the soap box and was excited how they all fit. So it turned out to be a great addition.
All in all I can easily recommend this Men’s Hanging Toiletry Bag. It would be great for a doula at a birth, as well as wonderful for anyone going on a trip.